Flu Vaccination – Book your flu jab now!
These instructions are ONLY for Patients who have been invited by the Practice that are eligible for an Influenza vaccination.
How to book your flu vaccination appointment?
This invitation will either be in the form of a text or letter sent to your home address.
This year we are offering booked appointments only.
Please make an appointment now, in person, through the Practice number on 01216873055. Our Receptionist will take your booking between 10:00hrs and 12:00hrs in the morning and between 14:30hrs and 16:30hrs in the afternoon.
Please use the call for just booking your flu vaccination appointment.
When are the clinics?
Currently the clinics are being held at the surgery for:
Tue 22nd Sep 2:00-4.00pm Tue 29th Sep 2:00–4:00pm
Mon 5th Oct 2:00-4.00pm Tue 6th Oct 2:00-4.00pm
Sat 26th Sep 10:00-12:00am
What to expect on the day?
COVID-19 has also meant you are requested to follow these guidelines:
Before you come to the practice:
- Wear loose fitting clothing, appropriate to allow the nurse access to your upper arm
- Bring a face covering with you
When you arrive at the practice:
- Arrive for your appointment no more than 10 minutes early and wait outside of the practice.
- Arrive at the front entrance to University Medical Practice. Follow the markings to maintain social distancing whilst you wait to be called.
- Before entering University Medical Practice you will need to be wearing a face covering.
- A marshal will take your details and direct you to a queue. Once the clinician is ready, a marshal will direct you to the socially distanced waiting room to have your vaccination. Your movement will be clearly indicated by red tape laid out on the floor.
If you have an egg allergy, please tell the Nurse before your vaccination, as this is one of the few contraindications to having the vaccination.
- Please note that we will not be able to deal with anything other than the vaccination during this appointment.
- Once you have received your vaccination the clinician will direct you to the exit using our one way system following the orange markings
- It is important that patients exit the building promptly to ensure a smooth flow with social distancing being maintained.
What if you do not want to have the flu vaccination at the practice?
If you do not wish to have the flu vaccination to be given to you or your child or have already had it elsewhere, please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org starting your message with “Seasonal Flu decline” and your NHS number
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation during this time.
The University Medical Practice